This pub quiz pack contains five entertaining "Connections" rounds for you to use in your quizzes. These should prove especially useful if you're looking to introduce a bit of variety into your pub quiz because, as well as featuring high quality general knowledge questions, there are also questions asking for connections between previous answers.
Each round is made up of ten questions. Some of these rounds consist of two "mini" rounds, with two sets of four general knowledge questions, plus questions five and ten that each ask for a connection between the previous four answers. Other rounds are made up of nine general knowledge questions plus a final question asking for a connection between the previous nine answers. An example of one of these rounds is as follows...
1. Which government department is responsible for immigration, passports, counter-terrorism, policing, drugs and crime?
The Home Office
2. "Loathe slim win" is an anagram of which famous sports star?
3. What word can be put before "and honey" to give the Cockney rhyming slang term for money?
4. Thistlethwaite's algorithm, Kociemba's Algorithm and Korf's Algorithm are all methods of solving what?
The Rubik's Cube
5. Released in 1998 when she was just 12 years old, what was the title of Charlotte Church's debut album?
Voice Of An Angel
6. In which city was John F. Kennedy assassinated?
7. What connects Michaela Quinn, Martin Ellingham and John Finlay?
They are all fictional doctors (better known as Dr. Quinn, Doc Martin and Dr. Finlay)
8. According to the tenth commandment, whose house, wife, ox and ass shall you not covet?
9. Thought to have sold over 15 million copies worldwide, which book by Dale Carnegie is generally regarded as the best-selling self-help book of all time?
How To Win Friends And Influence People
10. What is the connection between the previous nine answers?
TV shows - The Office, Lewis, Bread, The Cube, The Voice, Dallas, Doctors, Neighbours, Friends
These rounds always prove challenging and entertaining as, along with trying to answer each question individually, the teams in your quiz will also be trying to find a connection along the way. They also have the added feature that once teams guess the connection, then they might go back over previous questions where they might be able to have a better guess at an answer, or even change an answer that doesn't fit in with the connection.
If you buy this quiz pack, we will give you access to download two pdf files. The first of these contains all of the questions and answers for all of the rounds in this pack. The second is a "questions only" version of this, and might not be needed, but is included to give the option of the quizmaster being able to take part in the quiz too by seeing the answers without the answers. You might also be interested in our free answer sheets for teams to write their answers on as you read the questions.
You probably already have everything you need to access and use these rounds in your quiz, but you might want to check our requirements page to make sure.
Note that these rounds already appear in Weekly Quizzes 766 to 770. If you would prefer to use complete pub quiz packs that have a handout round, a variety of other question and answer rounds, plus specially designed answer sheets for teams to write their answers on, then please visit our Complete Quizzes section. If, however, you prefer to compile your own format of quiz, but are looking for connections rounds to use in this, then the pack on this page will hopefully be of use to you.
Note: This product was added to our site in June 2021.
If you log in to your account, a message will replace this one to tell you whether you have already bought this quiz